A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Mercy

I have what I think could be called a sleep disorder. About 6-8 times per month I awaken after about 6 hours of sleep and am awake for 2 hours. This has gone on for years. My dad had the same problem and got addicted to some pretty powerful sleep medications. Thus I won't take any meds for this. But that means I can toss and turn and accomplish nothing several nights a month.

One such night was last night. I tossed and turned and managed to work myself into a pretty unsettling place. For whatever reason I focused on many of my mistakes as a mother, a wife, a nurse, a friend etc. over my lifetime. That made for a bad night and a bad morning. I've been struggling with some spiritual issues also---some questions about man's inhumanity to man.

And on this Good Friday, the Holy Spirit stepped in with some words of quiet:
"There are transgressions, lost ideals, acts of cowardice, recriminations. There is a network of evil and the fact of sin makes perfect righteousness (living by God's law) always impossible. But before the cross there is no ultimate condemnation. There is the invitation in seeing the suffering Christ. This is God's love for the whole world." (Weyerman, A.)

"There is more mercy in God than sin in us." (Coffin, S)

Prayers for peace and understanding for each of you.
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment