A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

awe

I am rereading a book by Sloan Coffin entitled "Letters to a Young Doubter." I thought it might be appropriate for my teenage grandson with his own doubts but I find it somewhat beyond what he is ready for. However,I am enjoying the book again for my own doubts.

And certainly in the past week, there seem reasons for doubt. By that I mean the earthquake and tsunami and deaths in Japan are really beyond my understanding. In this book Sloan Coffin says that if we have yearning along with awe and wonder at the natural world we are in prayer. Well, I certainly have awe and wonder but maybe not in the way God meant for me to have awe and wonder.

But then this morning there were 5 robins around my bird feeder while we were having another March snow shower. I surely don't "get it" sometimes-but I know there is a spiritual yearning. So I will remain in doubt about some things and remain in awe and wonder about others.

How about you? Does the yearning remain even when there are doubts?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment