A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

absolutely

A term that is overused these days in talk shows and daily conversation is "absolutely." Someone makes a point that the other person agrees with and the response is, "Absolutely."
But recently I asked a friend, a very busy friend, for an hour of her time to talk with me about a problem I was having. When I asked her if she had the time to meet with me, her immediate response was, "Absolutely." It was a wonderful affirmation-an affirmation that I was important to her and she was willing to listen to me. If she had said, "Well, let me look at my schedule---or---gee, I'm really locked in this week," I would have felt very differently about my importance to her.

Does your conversation and response to people and family and friends convey how important they are to you? Or does your own protection of your time create a message and space between you? "Absolutely!"
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment