A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

filter

Recently I heard a young woman talking about how burned out she is at work. She said, "I know I'm burned out because I hear myself saying things I never said before-critical things in a tone that is most unpleasant, really sharp. I think I've lost my filter. I used to be able to hear myself before I spoke and even if I was thinking something critical, I could modify it so it didn't come across as almost hurtful. I know I still have my filter-I just need to step back and use it."

We have a well for water at our house and it requires a filter that needs changing about every 6 weeks. If we neglect to change the filter, the water gets cloudy and very unappealing. Oil filters in cars need changing or they clog up

If we, as human beings under alot of stress, neglect to monitor our emotional and communication filters, our conversations can be pretty unappealing and clogged up.

Does your filter need changing?

(by the way-I will be out of town for about 2 weeks and will not be posting blogs during that time. "See" you when I return. Thanks so very much to each of you who check in.)
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment