A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

joyfully

I was recently complaining about a task I "had" to do. It was a task I considered a charitable thing to do. My husband asked, "Are you doing this with joy?" He paused and then continued, "If you can't do it with joy, you really shouldn't be doing it." That really stopped me in my tracks. He was absolutely right. If I can't do my tasks with joy, especially the things I choose to volunteer, I shouldn't be doing them at all.

I have been thinking about the "joy" in alot of other tasks that I sometimes consider a burden. Shouldn't I cook with "joy?" I am so blessed to have food. Shouldn't I do laundry with "joy?" I am so blessed to have electricity and a washing machine. Shouldn't I clean the bathroom with "joy?" I am so blessed to have running water and an inside toilet.

I am so blessed.Are you?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment