A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

cohesive

We saw a remarkable movie the other day...Beasts of the Southern Wild. Great acting, fabulous cinematography, unique story. In one of the scenes a boat captain (sort of) tells a little girl he wants to be "cohesive." She repeats, "I want to be cohesive." The little girl lives in unimaginable poverty and a chaotic home and community. She wants to be "cohesive" probably without knowing what that means.

Wouldn't we all like to be cohesive---sort of "have it all together?" I know I've spent way too much time and energy trying to look like I'm cohesive while living with a great deal of anxiety and feeling like I need to control. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be cohesive? To feel it all fits together?

What do I need to do to be cohesive? What do I need to let go of?
How do I place this in God's loving hands?

How do you?
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment