A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Friday, April 5, 2013

His spirit is alive

Yesterday I had a medical procedure for my chronic heart condition. Nothing of an emergency nature but at one time there were 4 nurses prepping me for the procedure---it must have been a slow day in that department. As we nurses joked and talked, I mentioned I had written a book (well 2 books) in retirement. When I gave the name of the first book, Broken by Addiction, Blessed by God, the nurse working on the computer stopped what she was doing and looked at me with curiosity. She looked at the other nurses and then said, "I am in recovery-8 years and I am looking for something more-deeper." Needless to say the conversation was fast and intense. We didn't have much time before I was to have the procedure. 

That is what happens when we are open---open to God's spirit working in the world and in our lives. He gives us connections. He gives us people who understand our struggles. 

Today are you open to what God has given you? What is it? Who is it? What or how do they make a difference in your life?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment