A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Silence

"By our silence we let others define us." I think this is a really profound quote but I'm not quite certain what it means.  I think of my identity as a recovering alcoholic. Now that is only part of my identity but a part I take as very important. If I am silent and do not share that with others, then there is an important part of me that they do not know. Others would define me without knowing that I am challenged by that disease. They would not know the real me.

Do you want people to know the real you? What else are you silent about? How do others define you? What parts of you are private that others do not need to know? How do you decide?

Interesting stuff to think about.

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment