A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Unapologetic plug

In preparation for my monthly talk on Relevant Radio I reviewed chapters in my meditation book, "Filling the God Shaped Void." I was looking at the references for 'forgiveness' and thumbed through Chapters 46-52---the final weeks of the book. As the meditations move toward the holidays there are a number of thoughts about forgiveness as well as the real significance of Christ's birth in our daily lives.  The meditations reflect on Christmas as an invitation to return home to Christ; what might we act like if we really believed we are forgiven and redeemed; as we prepare for Christmas what acts can be seen as unending prayers; what puts out the spirit of joy in our preparations; do we miss Christmas?

I find this part of "Filling the God Shaped Void" particularly thought provoking and helpful. And I wrote it!!!---with God's help and some wonderful mentors. And I hope you will consider gifting yourself a copy to help you find peace and meaning in this beautiful season. Maybe even a copy or two for friends. amazon.com, your local book store can order, or Liguori.com

Of course I have difficulty plugging my own book. And I do believe these meditations help us focus on our recovery as a gift from God---no matter what we are recovering from.

Blessings-Penny




No comments:

Post a Comment