A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Monday, January 17, 2011

here

Barbara Brown Taylor in "An Altar in the World" says, "When someone asks us where we want to be in our lives, the last thing that occurs to us is to look down at our feet and say, "Here, I guess, since this is where I am."

This is a interesting quote for me. At first blush I think of my wanderlust. I'm often thinking of the next part of the adventure. I'm used to moving frequently and become excited at the thought of new places and new activities. But "where do I want to be" in my life has such a broader significance. Where do I want to be physically, emotionally, spiritually, relationally?

Physically I am here in this beautiful place. And recently I (we) have made a decision that we will remain here in thanksgiving and peace. Emotionally, spiritually and relationally I am also here in thanksgiving and peace. AND there is unlimitied potential for growth and new adventures in those areas.

Where do you want to be in your life-physically, emotionally, spiritually, relationally? Isn't that a fascinating question?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment