A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Lord of the Dance"

At the dinner dance celebration of the Bat Mitzvah I recently attended I was privileged and delighted to observe a family I am only getting to know. They are the aunt and uncle and cousins of the young girl celebrated. The aunt and uncle were high school sweethearts who married young and have had successful careers and have incredibly talented teenagers.

What was such pleasure to watch was their enjoyment of each other. They laugh, they joke. They are intimate, never sarcastic. And then they got up to dance! And could they dance! They danced with each other! They danced with grandparents! They pulled others onto the floor and into their circle! They clearly loved to dance as as expression of their joy.

Later I asked about their clear love of dancing. The mother replied, "I have the radio own when I'm cooking. Often we get dancing around the kitchen." Clearly a way to be in joy with each other.

I thought about one of my favorite hymns that makes me want to dance when I hear it at church;
"I danced in the morning when the world was begun
I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun..
I 'll live in you if you'll live in Me
I am the Lord of the Dance, said He!"

Dance this day as an expression of your joy--your joy in your new life.

Blessings--Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment