A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

By Name

One of the parts of the Easter gospel that I particularly love is that Mary Magdalene did not recognize Jesus when she went to the tomb on Easter morning. She thought He was the gardner. It was not until "He called her by name" that she recognized him.

Sometimes I wonder how it would feel to have God call me by name. Wouldn't that be an incredible experience? And then again, I sometimes believe He calls me by name---when there is something beautiful in nature is He saying, "I created this. Look, Penny." When one of my sons phones and says, "Hi, Mom. Just was thinking about you -or-what was that recipe you used to make for prime rib?" Is that God saying, "I created this child, this relationship for you."

How does God call us by name in our recovery? Does He say, "This is a gift for you." Do you hear Him call you by name? Do you answer?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment