A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Law and Gospel

My husband and I often talk about the difference between living by the law and living by the gospel. I fear that for much of my life I have lived by the law...rules that kept me in bounds but didn't offer much joy. To live by the gospel means that because God loves me, I do the loving thing in the relationships and roles of my life. What a difference.
My husband was asked to read a novel written by a friend, a novel in which a young woman avoids pre-marital sex because it is against the teaching of her church. What if we taught that we avoid pre-marital sex because through God's love of us we have learned what honoring each other means, what cherishing the relationship means. 

In what circumstances in my life can I choose to do the loving thing  because I know of God's love for me?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment