A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

new book

My new book, Filling the God-shaped Void-a book of daily meditations was published this week. My "author copies" arrived in a box without much fanfare.  And it is all such a surprise. I do not consider myself an author. Though I had wanted to write about my work with substance abusing women and what I believe is essential for recovery (which I did in Broken by Addiction, Blessed by God), I really had no plan for any further writing. This latest book flowed from this blog and the encouragement of a friend who saw it as useful support for all of us challenged by life's anxieties and losses.

Besides anxieties and losses life has such unexpected gifts and surprises; the gift of the friend's encouragement; the gift of my husband whose voice of strong faith is in the Sunday meditations of the book; the gift of Karen who edits and "messes around" with my awkward sentences; the gift of the Holy Spirit who must have been right here in all of this! The surprise that all of this really happened-out of nowhere-and at my age!

In this season of Advent, can we acknowledge the great gifts we have already received? What are those gifts
in your life that do not have a price tag, that cannot be purchased, that give you joy and peace? What surprises might occur if you are open?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment