A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

1600 miles later

We made it. A few glitches but we are here in Las Vegas and safe. All our belongings wouldn't fit on the moving van they sent; the truck broke down in Phoenix, Arizona; we barely made it through Colorado as the terrible storms pounded the windshield. But when we look at the pictures of the devastation in Colorado; when we look at the tragedies at the Washington Navy Yard and the mall in Kenya, we realize how very, very small our  personal inconveniences are. How very, very small!

It is wonderful for us that the move feels right. Already dinners and time with children and grandchildren. Our local teenage grandson has been here to help unpack and the baby is soon to take his first steps. The house is setting up nicely and the view of the lake and ducks is better than expected. But really, how very very small!

As we drove through some major cities (like Kansas City and Denver) I was amazed at the millions of cars and people on their way to their very important appointments. But really how very, very small!

I guess a major change in our daily routine , like this move, has the wonderful consequence of shaking up our perspectives and horizons.

I pray that as the daily inconveniences appear, as the move loses some of its excitement, I will remember the thousands of miles, the millions of people, the tragedies encountered by so many and remember how very, very small I am.

I pray I remember that even though I am so very, very small, God loves me as his daughter. I pray you remember that this day also. Wow!
Blessings-Penny

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment