A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Act on it

There were fortune cookies for dessert last night. Mine said, "You will have an amazing idea on a walk tomorrow. Act on it!" I do walk everyday so I'm interested in what "amazing idea" I might have this morning.

Of course I say this with a smile since I really don't live my life according to fortune cookies. However the thought makes me reflect on "amazing ideas" I have acted on. And there have been several. Some have turned out well and some not so much. But that's what taking a risk is about. Really thinking through an idea, weighing the pros and cons, and knowing that some of the pros will work and also some of the cons.

The weighing the pros and cons is the fun part of those "amazing ideas." Living with the cons is the difficult part. At this part of my life I'm less apt to "act on" some of those "amazing ideas" but it is amusing/interesting to reflect on the decisions, the risks, and see where they led me.

I don't have to say, "I wonder what would have happened if..." I did it.  I live with the consequences. It is called taking risks. It is called living. It is called "my life."

Did I consider my relationship with God is those decisions? Not as much as I could have.
Would the decisions have been different? Maybe.

What "amazing ideas" do you have? Will you "act on" them? Is your relationship with God part of those decisions?
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment