A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

"No"

Still working toward this "peace" thing. Today I was reminded of one of my favorite feminist sentences." 'No' is a complete sentence." Of course that is appropriate for both men and women---all of us who try to do too much and find ourselves tired, angry and stressed. "No."

Way, way too often when someone asks us to do something for them that is very inconvenient for us, or loan them something we don't want to loan them, or support a cause we don't believe in, we are able to say "no" but then feel we have to explain why we are saying "no." Way way too often I go on and on with my explanation that then become excuses.

"No" is a complete sentence. That is all I have to say. I did it today. It ended the conversation. I didn't have to make an excuse. I reduced my stress by taking control. (Or course I felt a little guilty but I'll work on that too.)

Are you able to say "no" when the request will add to your stress, fatigue and anger?
Pray for the peace that your relationship with God can bring. He is walking with you on the road.

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment