A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

ooops!

We have new car insurance. To obtain a reduction in the rate for safe driving, the company offers a monitor which attaches to the steering column. The monitor observes the driver's driving practices which fall into 5 "events." If the driver does not accumulate a certain number of these "events", he or she receives a reduction in the insurance rate.

The 5 events include:
Rapid acceleration
Driving between 12 a.m. and 4 a.m.
Excessive speed
Hard braking
Cornering

The driver can review his or her own "events' on the company's web site.
Since I am the only driver in our family, I am the person "monitored."
Well. guess what! I, who consider myself a very safe driver, have accumulated  a number of "events." My "events" fall into 2 categories---"Rapid acceleration" and "hard braking." Though I am a bit annoyed to be called out on those patterns, I also am a bit amused. After all "rapid acceleration" and "hard braking" kind of define my life patterns. I do accelerate rapidly into new adventures which then often requires some "hard braking." Maybe that should be the epitaph on my gravestone... "Rapid acceleration--hard braking."

(In fact, I think this monitor would be very helpful for new teenage drivers!)

What would be an appropriate epitaph on your gravestone? Think about it.

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment