A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

"I get distracted.."

I talked with "Nancy" this morning. "Nancy" is the woman I talked about in "Broken by Addiction, Blessed by God." She has had a long struggle with addiction and has been in recovery for about 15 years. It has not been a perfect recovery by self-help standards but her addiction no longer controls her life.
One major component of "Nancy's" recovery is her growth in spirituality. She prays daily--many times a day. Sometime it is casual, as in, "Let's sit down her, Jesus, and rest a bit," when her lung disease catches up with her. And sometimes it is more planned.

Today "Nancy" said, "I get concerned about my prayers. Sometimes I start praying for someone and then I get distracted and think about their problem and why I am praying for them. I get concerned God doesn't think I'm serious about my prayer. Maybe He quits listening when I get distracted."

I assured "Nancy" that God hears all her prayers. He hears all of our prayers. Her recovery is an absolute example of His hearing her prayers.

Is your recovery, from whatever is troubling you, an example of His hearing your prayers---even when you get distracted? Is your recovery not "perfect" but moving toward a resolution?

Blessings-Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment