A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

daily miracles

We just saw the movie "Miracles from Heaven." It's an interesting movie and thankfully leaves many of the spiritual questions unanswered. ...the ones for which there really are no answers...only faith.
At the close of the movie, the mother-played by Jennifer Garner--gives a talk at her church. She says something like this..."I don't know why my daughter was cured and yet there are thousands of children all over the world who don't get cured. What this has taught me is that I often miss the ordinary, daily miracles that occur in my life." The movie then recounts some of the "moments" ---the daily miracles---that occurred in this child's treatment and their family's life during this time...the steps in her recovery.

It made me think of the "daily miracles" that occur in our lives of recovery---the times the miracle happens that we don't make the decision to go to where a relapse could occur....that we choose the recovery people, places and things.

I don't know why my friend died of her alcoholism. The daily miracle is that I did not.

Recovery really is a daily miracle. Don't miss it. Be THANKFUL.
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment