A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Monday, August 8, 2016

parents' anquish

I smiled and empathized with the television tape of the parents of a USA Olympic gymnast as she performed her routine on the balance beam. The mother absolutely covered her eyes, writhed and contorted in stress as the daughter jumped and twisted and spun. The father too leaned and stretched with his daughter. Their stress was palpable. That's how we are with those we love.

I think that must be what God looks like as we attempt to live our lives. when we are in tough times. I think He must cover His eyes and lean and contort with us...praying we don't fall and if we do that we get back up and try it again.

Another gymnast when questioned why she was attempting to defend her gold medal against very strong odds said, "I hate regret more than anything." Do we try again even when we fail because to not try would lead to regret?

Some of the choices I have made over the past 20 years have not turned out as happily as I had hoped. But I do not regret them. I took risks. I tried. No regrets....well, not many.  I pray He has covered His eyes at a few of my choices and leaned and contorted with me at others.

Do you know He is there with you?
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment