A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

one month

It's been a month since I've written a blog. A friend emailed and asked if I was ok? I reassured her I was---maybe I had just run out of things to say. She assured me I hadn't! she was right.

Today I attended a conference of faith and recovery. It was useful in confirming my strong belief that long term recovery happens when we place our recovery in our relationship with God. That is when the joy and peace of recovery comes alive within us. Sometimes conferences don't break new ground but they give information and concepts to people new to recovery whether they be treatment providers or clients. This felt like one of those. And helped remind me that even if what I say, I've said before maybe there is someone new reading this blog and they will hear it for the first time.

Also I need to be reminded of these concepts of recovery, faith and God over and over and over. No matter how long we have been in recovery, this is a chronic disease and we need to pay attention. It is a tiger that creeps in the grass and when we don't pay attention, it rears up and bites us on the ass! really! Pay attention.

And as the preface to my book says in quoting the philosopher, Pascal, "There is a God-Shaped void in the heart of every man which cannot be filled with any created thing but only by God, the creator, made known through Jesus Christ."

Books on amazon.com "Filling the God Shaped Void-a book of daily meditations" and "Broken by Addiction , Blessed by God.-a woman's journey into long term recovery."

Blessings-Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment