A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Small things

This season of Advent, of watchful waiting,is a splendid time to pay special attention to God's presence in our daily lives. There have been so many "small" or not so small reminders this week. There was a call from a local woman who had read my book,--- "could she come and talk with me?" What a gift of God's presence in my life! Another gift was in a letter from a friend from long ago with a memory of my daughter that made me smile. And then there was the publication of my 'letter to the editor' in our local paper. I'm not much of a political activist but the lack of daily news about this war-the tragedies and the successes-bothers me greatly. So I ranted about it in a letter to the editor--and they published it!! Isn't it wonderful to find our voices?

Where do you notice God's presence in your day?

I pray we each find our voice in thanks for all the times we take notice of God's presence in our daily---and especially for the gift of recovery.

Blessings

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was wonderful to find my voice. Reading your book finally gave me the courage to ask for help. This last week has been hard but amazing.

    ReplyDelete