A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Monday, June 18, 2012

With Father's Day just past my thoughts have focused on the "fathers" in my life. My dad certainly had a strong impact on who I am, what I have done in my life. Some of it good, some of it not quite so much. He did foster my sense of play, the risks I seem willing to take. My sons are both fathers-incredible fathers---willing to put their children and families first in their decision making. Their father, my former husband, gives me much credit for what good men they have turned out to be; however, I also give him great credit. After all, they are both career Marine Corps officers just like their dad. Neither of them are nurses!

And then there is "Our Father who art in heaven..." No matter what demonination or religion we are, there is generally a Father figure in the theology. How do we see Him? What impact does He have on our daily lives? Do we take risks based on our relationship with Him?Do we make decisions based on our relationship with Him?

Did we think of Him on Father's Day?
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment