A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

another gift

I caught a rerun of the tv comedy "Frasier" yesterday. Frasier was at a wake and though there were great laugh lines, the sentence that touched me was when he was talking with the widow. He said, "I really don't understand why your husband died...but I have come to understand that we cannot focus on death during our lives....We need to focus on the joys and surprises."

That thought stayed with me all day. The Christmas holidays have a "settled sorrow" for me as December 22 is the date of my late daughter's birth---the daughter who died in a traffic accident at age 12. So though I try to get into the holiday spirit, there is a sadness underneath.

And then this morning my first email was from a woman who had heard me on Relevant Radio. She was asking for advice regarding her daughter. She is concerned about her daughter's drinking. Her email was such a gift. "We focus on the joy and surprises." Someone is searching and they found me! What a joy and surprise!

Are you missing someone this holiday? Is there a sadness? Is there also a joy and surprise you can see?
Can you thank God for that joy?

My email is pnnyhsr2012@gmail.com   I would love to hear from you.

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment