A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Transformed

During this Easter Season I continue to moved be by the number of times the gospels and other meditations speak of the apostles and disciples not recognizing Christ after He was risen. I remember my grand daughter asking me once, "How did Jesus walk through the wall into the Upper Room when He appeared to the apostles?" It was an innocent, child's question but certainly one that might have entered all of our thoughts at some time. How and who was Christ after the Resurrection? Would I have recognized Him?

One of the thoughts this leads me to is, "Do I  recognize Christ in the people around me?" Is that one of the messages I am to take from these gospels and readings? We are taught that Christ is in every person. Do we believe that? Do we see that? Do we treat every single person as though he or she has Christ? Do we treat are co-worker as we would treat Christ? Do we treat our children as we would Christ?  Do we treat our spouses as we would Christ?

Do we treat ourselves like that? If relapse is a challenge for us, do we remind ourselves that Christ is in us? That He is there holding us?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment