A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

a quote

"Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space. Invite one to stay."  Maya Angelou

I would also say 'hope and anxiety cannot occupy the same space.' It seems to me so many people organize their lives around their anxiety--do I have enough money? do I have the right job? do I have the right clothes? do I have the right car? do I have the right house? will I get the right grade? will I get into the right school? We create our own anxiety and then our lives revolve around reducing that anxiety.

What if we started each day with a prayer that we invite "hope" to stay with us that day? ...hope that I make the choices that reduce my anxiety and fear that day... hope that I make the "loving" choices for myself and my family that day.

How would hope look in your life when it replaces fear and anxiety?

Blessings-Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment