A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Communication---again

I know I blog about communication rather frequently but the issue of our problems communicating seem to come up so often.

A few days ago I was on a hike in some pretty spectacular Red Rocks just outside Las Vegas. The group I was with knew each other and one woman inquired about a trip of the wife of one of the other hikers. The husband responded saying something like, "I really don't know. She probably told me but I don't listen very well." Everyone laughed but when he repeated that comment about another question regarding his wife later in the day, I really began to wonder.

Later that weekend I was with another group and one wife complained to her husband that he had put away washed fruit left over from breakfast in the container with unwashed fruit. She said to him, in a very sarcastic voice within earshot of everyone in the room, "So now we have washed and unwashed fruit in the same container."

Now granted we all need to be able to express a better way to do things---AND---there are loving ways to do that.

Do I take time to hear myself and my tone of voice? Do I listen and speak in a loving way? Do I do that with my family?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment