A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

a gift from me to me

I just spent the afternoon watching a 3 hour  HBO special on Frank Sinatra. When have I ever watched a 3 hour television show (well maybe a football game!)? It was so good and I have been such a fan of his for so many years. But really!-3 hours? I didn't realize it was 3 hours when I started watching-just thought I'd take a little break and watch what I thought might be an hour special. But it caught me and I loved it.

But as the show continued hour after hour I had pangs of guilt. Should I really be spending time doing this? And then I decided "yes." I would give myself this treat, this pleasure, this delight.

When have you given yourself a treat, a pleasure, a delight? It really is a gift---no guilt necessary. It's what life is supposed to be---times of unexpected treats. Do it!

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment