A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Really?

My husband, Joe, and a close family member have had some communication problems lately. This isn't new but a rather serious incident occurred in the last several weeks. Each thinks the other was out of line and needs to apologize and is so often the problem, neither is about to give.

The immediate problem is that the "close family member" has not made any move to send Joe a condolence or message of support as he grieves for his sister. The "close family member" was very involved with Joe's sister as she grew up and would know the significance of her death for Joe.
Joe is hurt and angry. I'm just angry.

I fear the longer the lack of communication the more likely the hurt and anger will get "concretized" and connection will be harder and harder. I've talked with Joe. He says he'll "give it a few more weeks."

Is there anyone in my/your family or circle of friends with whom we might have communication problems? Is there a distance? Do I need to take the first step? What do I have to lose except my anger? Will we feel better if we make that first step---no matter the outcome?

"Love one another as I have loved you."

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment