A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Thanks

I really need to remind myself to stop and say "thanks." Thanks to God for all the blessings.

 As evidenced by my last posting I can get sad, tense, angry, distracted by the disappointments that occur in my life and the lives of those I love...my grandson's Mersa infection that kept him out of a competitive part of the Marine Corps and devastated him, my grand daughter's not receiving an early admission to the college of her choice, my son's disappointment about the job. Mercy, mercy! They all seem so devastating at the time.

In reality my grandson is doing fine---though not as pleased with his enlistment as he might be; my grand daughter is aware she still has a very good chance of regular admission; my son will get a good job.

And the sun comes up every day; the moon sets over the mountains in the early morning; the geese honk as they fly over. Life does have lots of disappointments...friends with very sick spouses, financial problems, devastating storms and damage, the addiction rears its head. Life often does not unfold as we hope or plan.

Do I stop to remind myself of the blessings and to say thanks? Do I remember God promises, "I have called you by name; you are mine." I am His! Amazing!

You are His also. Whether you believe or not!

We need to rest in that promise.

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment