A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

this parenting gig

I've known this since I had my first baby but it hits me every time----this parenting gig is never over! One of my sons has had a huge disappointment this past week. It is something that has embarrassed him and had an impact on his self image and self esteem. He says it is something that has put "a stink on him." My baby! My wonderful, talented, sensitive baby!

Now in reality he is a grown man, a successful man who will move on and use this disappointment for his growth in the future. But right now he is hurting---and I hurt. This parenting love just never ends.

I am to write a Lenten meditation for our church Lenten booklet. My assigned scriptural passage for this meditation is Isiah 42. God's promise in this chapter--"He who created the heavens and stretched them out...I will take your hand, I will keep you." And in Isiah 43 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you: and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."

God's promises. Can I live into these promises in this pain? Can I open my hand so He can take it and keep me?

Can you?
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment