A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Monday, April 18, 2016

topics

Sometimes---not often---but sometimes I wonder what topic I might write about in this blog. Clearly there are good people who check if there is something new on here. You seem to check a couple of times a month. And if you check it seems I need to make the effort to write something. And clearly there is enough "stuff" going on in the world that there should be an easily available topic.

But at these times I wonder if there is anything more to say---anything that hasn't been said;  like----
---the current politics in this country are profoundly troubling and embarrassing :
---Isis needs to be stopped somehow without killing innocent people
---mental illness treatment needs to be funded
There are lots of topics for which I have a strong opinion, but my opinion is nothing new or profound.

And then there are the good things:
---my son's fifth anniversary and the strong family he and his wife created---a situation that took much work and sacrifice ---one of those daily miracles
---my friend's (more than friend) continued recovery from her bone marrow transplant ---and her new curly hair---one of those daily miracles
---the gorgeous roses blooming so profusely in this neighborhood---daily miracle

Don't you sometimes wonder what meaning this all has?
How am I to be in all of this?

I guess it's an existential Monday. Sounds like a song title.---sounds like I'm a little loose today.
Relax---enjoy---and join me in my existential Monday.
Thank God---really---for a day to be a little loose.

Blessings-Penny





No comments:

Post a Comment