A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Friday, October 22, 2010

amazing

A couple of days ago I was doing some fall yard cleanup. I took an armload of cutback flowers and stuff to the mulch pile and tossed them in. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something green and white in the dark brown mulch. On further inspection here was a gorgeous Easter lily! It's fall here--we've had snow showers! But to my utter amazement an Easter lily is blooming in my mulch pile. We had a lily plant to celebrate Easter and when it was "done" I had tossed it into the mulch pile. Over the summer it had put down roots and bloomed "where it was planted." A delightful, unexpected surprise.

Am I able to "bloom where I am planted?" Am I able to take root even if the surroundings are not ideal? Can I be an unexpected surprise in some "mulch pile?"

Blessings, Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment