A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Friday, October 15, 2010

reaching out

In this morning's paper is a brief article regarding a local woman's conviction and sentence for a DUI received a few weeks ago. She was convicted of driving with a blood alcohol level of over .3 while having 5 children in her car. Several weeks ago was an article about a nurse from a local nursing home accused of diverting drugs from her clients. Her daughter had recently died of cancer.

I feel an incredible empathy and pain for these women. Truly but for the grace of God, go I. I know that fear and shame. What troubles me this morning is why have I not reached out to these women? I think about doing it. They are in my thoughts and prayers as I go through my days. Yes, it will take some time to find some link or connection-someone who can pass along a thought, a prayer, a copy of "my" book. But isn't that what is meant by "love one another?"

Is there someone you have meant to reach out to? Someone in pain or trouble---someone who needs to know they are not alone. Let's both make that effort.

Blessings to you--Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment