A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Monday, October 29, 2012

mortality

A close friend of mine was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer about 6 months ago. We moved from where she lives in Vermont just after her diagnosis. I have not been in contact with her as much as I could have been or should have been. I use the excuse that I don't want to bother her but we all know that when we are in crisis, a phone call from a friend can be the connection we are longing for.

When I do talk with her she seems to be moving through her grief as well as any of us would. She has days she is "ready" and days she grieves. She has a strong spirituality and calls this a gift...a belief in a hereafter. I am reminded of my mother's final words to me, "I'm not afraid."

Do I have that belief?Do you have that belief?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment