A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

nightmares

My husband awakened me last night because I was screaming in my sleep. When I awakened I recalled the nightmare-someone was trying to break into our apartment-I could see the door handle turning-I wanted to yell "help-help" but I couldn't get the scream out. 

In attempting to get a sense of where that dream came from, the only thing I can relate it to is an incident in a parking garage a few days ago when 2 pit bull dogs got out of their car and came after my dog (and me). I yelled for help many times until someone came. Neither my dog nor me was harmed-clearly they were not attack dogs- but I did not know that during the incident.

If that incident was the trigger for the nightmare, I am surprised. Clearly the incident impacted me more than I realized. I tend to have a strong denial system for unpleasant things. What other things in my life do I deny and yet they remain in my unconscious and cause anxiety and fear?

What things in your life do you minimize and deny? Do they cause you anxiety and fear? Can you talk with someone about them?
Can you remember Christ is with you in all of it?
Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment