A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Selfish actions

"There are no private choices.There is no such thing as "your own thing." All selfish actions damage those in love with you." This is a quote from Walter Wangerin, Jr. in his daily reflection book "Measuring Days."

The quote really requires no further analysis. But it reminds me of my own drinking days----At the beginning it was done after the children were in bed. But as in most addictions it crept into more hours of the evening and then the days. I told myself I wasn't hurting anyone but the reality was I was hurting lots of people.  "My own thing" made me emotionally absent and pre-occupied. And ultimately I was damaging my own spirituality. I was empty.

Today-what selfish action --what "own thing"---is causing damage to those who love me?

Blessings-Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment