A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

those long time friends

As I mentioned in my last blog I spent time with long time friends on my trip to Virginia. Long ago we were young wives together, having babies and raising children. I have watched their journeys, They have watched mine. I think I really know them and they know me. We were talking about what is left on our bucket lists and Cathy said, "I want to drive across country by myself." This stunned me. We are not kids! I had no idea she had that kind of independent adventurous spirit. If she had said she wanted to do that with her husband, I would not have been surprised. Family has always been her priority.

But no---she wants to do it alone. The other friend and I laughed and talked about this adventure and proposed maybe we should come behind in a chase car. Nope---alone.

Things you never know until you take the time to ask...not "how are you?" but "who are you?"

Is there someone you might take time with and ask "who are you?" What might you learn?

God knows who we are and He yearns to hear our dreams and adventures. Talk with Him.

Blessings-Penny




No comments:

Post a Comment