A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Monday, May 9, 2016

another generation

The other grandmother, Debbie,  and I baby sat the grandchildren last week...babysitter emergency. The children are a boy almost 4 years old, let's call him David and a 14 month old girl, let's call her Elizabeth. They are precious children (of course). What struck me was watching them problem solve.

I sat on the floor with Elizabeth in the morning and played with Fisher Price little people going down a slide on the side of an amusement park toy.. Later in the afternoon as I sat on the floor and watched her the little people were spread throughout the living room floor. She was sitting next to the amusement park toy and looking at the little people. Next thing I saw was Elizabeth toddling around the floor, picking up the little people and taking them back over to slide down the slide. Fourteen months!! Isn't that brilliant??

And then Debbie had a card for David to complete for his mother for Mother's Day. The card had a series of incomplete sentences such as "My mother is powerful when...." or "I love it when my mother...." As Debbie read the incomplete sentences David filled in the personal testimonies. He got it immediately!! He only needed instructions once. That's pretty amazing for a three year old boy!

So in looking back over the past two weeks I am touched, moved and feeling blessed---watching the teenagers two weeks ago and the babies last week. I may not be the highest priority in those families but I belong.

Are you feeling blessed? Included? No matter what, we are a priority in God's family.

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment