A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Monday, May 30, 2016

welcoming

I have a trip East planned in a couple of weeks. It's for high school graduations of 2 grand children and the priority is time with kids and grand kids. However,  I had hoped to link up with 2 girlfriends from years past---we had spent a wonderful night together 2 years ago. But they are busy---busy in ways that left me feeling that our friendship was not high on their lists. I know we are all busy but their reasons seemed a bit lame.

Anyway, I contacted another friend who truly has a complicated, stressful life. We haven't had time together for several years. When I emailed her with a suggestion of dinner together, her response was,"Absolutely! We will make it work!" It felt like arms open wide--welcoming me.

Is that how coming home to God is? If we have lapsed in our spirituality, in making God a priority in our life, when we ask to come home, does He open His arms wide and say, "Absolutey! We will make it work!"

I believe that. I also believe because God does that for us, we do it for others. Is there someone in your life who would be thrilled to hear you say, "Absolutely! We will make it work!"

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment