A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Divine Dementia

I was so touched by the comment of Pope Francis during his informal talk with the press the other day. On the subject of forgiveness he said God not only forgives our sins but He also forgets them. It helps to be reminded of the Old Testament scripture that says, "He remembers your sins no more."

I picture myself arriving at the pearly gates with my list of sins-the lies, the relapses, the pain I've caused--and God saying, "I don't remember any of that." That is His promise but I really have difficulty hanging on to that promise. As I heard a woman say, "That's too good to be true."

It is wonderful to have a pope who blesses us with that reminder.

Today remember to thank God that you are forgiven and that "He remembers your sins no more." Does that promise ease your guilt and anxiety?
Blessings--Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment