A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I did it!

I did! After "thinking out loud" on this blog about the situation of my step grand daughter (Anna)going off to college and her sister(Lexi) being distraught, I emailed my daughter-in-law. (See the previous blog) It seemed to me she should be the one intervening in the situation. I suggested "the loving thing" approach. My daughter in law emailed back a few hours later saying she had the talk with Lexi and she seemed to understand "the loving thing." She also emailed the next day and said they had had a wonderful evening with smiles and laughter.

I am so delighted---delighted Lexi is able to move into "the loving thing"---delighted my daughter in law was able to accept my input---delighted things are more calm for all. Input can be tricky. Is it advice? Is it nagging? Is it criticism? Thinking through the who, what, when, where, how and why is certainly helpful.

Asking the Holy Spirit to be with us as we consider these situations is essential. Is my input  the "loving thing?" Asking for guidance and a sense that the Spirit is with us frames these situations as sacred.
What a difference!

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment