A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

hot desert winds

About 10 months ago we moved to Las Vegas---the desert. I had watched the temperatures here for several years and knew it got hot in the summer. I just didn't quite understand what over 100 degrees all summer means. Wow! At first in June the warm sun felt good. In fact I got a nice tan from my morning walks.

Then July arrived. I think it has been over 100---sometimes up to 110--for most of July. Of course it's mostly a "dry" heat, as the locals say, but 110 is still 110. I now swim rather than walk. Last night, after dark, I sat on our deck for a few minutes. There was a breeze and it was the first time I have felt a real night time, hot desert breeze. It was like I was engulfed by a hair dryer on low heat. So I've decided I need an "attitude adjustment." I need to look at this new experience of desert heat and hot desert winds as a part of our life adventure. After all that's what my husband and I seek in all this moving around---new experiences, new adventures. We had Chicago and the cold, snowy winds off Lake Michigan. We had Montana and the blizzards.We had the winters of Vermont with temps often below zero. Now this!!

Do you have a new experience, a new adventure that is a bit more than anticipated? Is recovery an adventure than is a bit more than anticipated? Can we thank God for all new experiences and pray we learn how we are to be within this life He offers?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment