A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

crazy world

Sometimes I step back and look this crazy world --the anger, the violence, the sarcasm that passes for humor--and wonder what has happened to mankind. (How's that for early morning meditation??) And then I acknowledge that all of this has been going on since Cain and Abel in biblical times and certainly through the world history of wars and oppression and slavery. We just don't get it, do we?

And sometimes when I'm in this mood, I consider the Ten Commandments---and all the ones I break even on a daily basis. "Keep holy the Sabbath---don't take the name of the Lord your God in vain...don't bear false witness..don't covet your neighbors goods."  And the greatest of these, "Love your neighbor as yourself." I just don't get, do I?

And then I consider the reminder of the nuns at the Benedictine Abbey, "It is good to live the life you have and love the people you love."

Can it really be that simple? Can I keep it that simple?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment