A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Monday, January 19, 2015

missed opportunity?

My teenage grandson called yesterday morning. We don't talk often. We have never lived close to him and only see each other about twice a year. But by God's gift we have a connection.
When we do visit we usually take a walk and I ask pretty personal questions about his life. So yesterday was no exception.

How is school? What is the best thing? What is the hardest thing? What are your thoughts about college...career?

He loves a work out program called "cross fit" so he talked about what that is about...why he loves it...how it might lead him to a college major in electrophysiology.

How is your love life? Tell me about her.

What I didn't ask---even though I thought about it...was, "How is your spiritual life?" He knows my spiritual life is important to me so he probably would not have been surprised at the question. What makes me reluctant to raise that question to him or to bring it up in other conversations when the topic is around important things in our lives?

I guess one thing is I don't want to seem like some fanatic but really...because of one question?! How has naming the name of Jesus become something I am uncomfortable doing?

Can I write him a letter thanking him for the phone call and in that letter ask the "spiritual" question?
Can I become more authentic in sharing my belief that all these good things come from
God?

Can you share that with someone? Do you believe your recovery is a gift from God?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment