A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Friday, January 30, 2015

old shoe

We've been in the process of moving for about 6 weeks.  The boxes are all empty, the pictures are up. It's beginning to feel like home. It's a small house but my husband says it feels like an old shoe---broken in and comfortable.

Life is good when it's "broken in and comfortable." It's a bit of a strange feeling for this "girl" who often has enjoyed a perspective of "what next?" I'm thinking, hoping  "what next" is a quiet pleasure in watching the changes in this neighborhood when the trees bloom, watching how the sun plays on the mountains behind us, watching the grandchildren grow and laugh.

Even more than those things I'm thinking "what next" means time to focus on personal, spiritual growth....time to be more patient..."Please have patience with me in this endeavor"...time to remind myself to "Live the life I have and love those I love"...time to remind myself to give others time ...everything doesn't have to be on my time.

That kind of shift would be "metanoia." It would not be just a resolution to be more patient but a real shift in how the voices in my head tell me to do things. It would be a calming of those voices..a letting go of the tenseness in my body. It would be living life in a broken in old shoe.

This will take prayer... asking God to be with me in this. It's not something I do myself. It is a gift from God.

I pray you will join me in this---that your life, too, can be "broken in and comfortable."

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment