A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

The close of 2014 was interesting here in Las Vegas. There were predictions of snow which had the local folks and visitors in various states of unrest. The television weather forecasters were great fun to watch as they attempted to predict Mother Nature. As often happens we had not even one flurry here in the valley.  I did hear from friends back east who said they were watching television and heard we were having snow. Another case of don't believe much of what you hear on tv.

What we did have was a lot of wind! Gusts were very significant. Wind always makes me a little restless. As I battled some of the gusts and watched the palm trees bend, I hoped that wind was blowing out 2014. The year had been one of significant health problems for close family members and with the coming of a new grand baby in February, I am praying for health and  peace for all. New Year, new baby, new hope.

And though I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, I pray to live into God's promises on a daily basis. Living into those promises comes in little steps. I pray to live into His promise of peace, of hope, of forgiveness. What a lovely year that would be!

I pray the same for you. Can you work with me on this?! How will this look in our lives?--peace-hope-forgiveness?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment