A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

journaling

I don't journal. I tried it for awhile and when I reread my entries it felt very contrived. And here I am blogging! Really very much the same thing but it seems different. Anyway---the other day I was searching through some old papers and found a collection of phrases and sentences I had copied from books I was reading...sentences that had struck me as meaningful and some very powerful. Sort of a journal.

I'd like to share some for my next blogs:

"Forgiveness gives you freedom; freedom to write the end of the story."

This is so very important for all of us. Whether we are in recovery or just in life there are times we feel slighted or hurt or even much worse--abused. The feelings of anger which come from those situations can make it very difficult to even consider forgiving the person at fault. It seems impossible.

Nelson Mandela, a black man held in a South African prison and tortured for years, talks about the freedom that comes with forgiveness. When you forgive, you are no longer the victim. You take back the control of your life. You get to write the end of the story.

If you let go of the anger, if you forgive,  what will be the end of the story for you?

A beautiful consideration for Lenten meditation. What would Easter morning feel like if you can forgive?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment