A woman's path to sustained recovery

Though the process of recovery is never easy, some women seem to move through the journey with less pain than others. Why? What makes the difference? Here we will talk about how that happens for each of us. We will talk about how women heal in mutually empowering realtionships with themselves, with others and with God.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

decisions and mistakes

There are lots of editorials in the papers lately about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars---should we have gone in?---were those wars mistakes?---should we stay out of the conflicts now?---should we be doing more? The only editorial that really made any sense was the question--"what have we learned since and how should that influence our decisions now?"

Since I know absolutely nothing about wars, I can only use that editorial suggestion for my own life. I have certainly made many mistakes in my life. I look back and think of the roads I chose. Some were great adventures and some were really mistakes. Have I learned from those mistakes?

I think these days I do a great deal more reflection on decisions ---past and present. But in the heat of stress with pressure and anxiety running high, I'm not certain I always do a good job of learning from my mistakes. It really is true we are destined to repeat our mistakes if we don't learn from them.

I'm reading a book, "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson, in which the character has opportunities to make different decisions in her life and how that would have changed her life and maybe even history. My decisions wouldn't change history but they certainly would have changed my life.

How do I learn from those decisions now? How do they influence my current decisions?

Bottom line---new awareness-new perspective----what influences my decisions now?---what have I learned?-----

Answer---Are my decisions framed in my relationship with God? Are they the loving thing to do?

Are yours?

Blessings-Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment